What You Can Do
In order to continue our life-saving work, and achieve our aim of rolling out cervical cancer screening to all women in Uganda, we urgently need your help.
There are a variety of ways in which you can get involved and help support our valuable work.
You can donate by setting up a direct debit, or giving a one-off donation, or you can buy our book, The Uganda Women’s Health Initiative: The First Five Years.
How much for a life? What your money can buy
Every donation, small or large, makes a difference to women in Uganda:
- £15 screens one woman.
- £75 screens five women, of which one will have pre-cancer detected.
- £300 screens 20 women, detecting four women with pre-cancer and prevent one woman from developing a cancer from which she would be likely to die.
- £1,500 will enable us to screen 100 women and save five lives.
- £3,000 provides the cost of employing a nurse in Uganda for a year to undertake 3,000 screens, which can save ten lives.
- £15,000 provides the cost for a year for a new screening unit and staff training in an area of Uganda.
- £400,000 provides the cost for one year of our effort to roll out screening across Uganda.
- £4m is the cost of our ambitious ten year plan to make a cervical cancer screen available to all women in Uganda.
With your support we can continue to improve the lives of women in Uganda, the lives of their families and children, and help prevent unnecessary death.
Help save a life today and improve the future for women in Uganda.